New Roads and Streetworks Act Training Courses
This streetworks course comes with FREE Bed & Breakfast accommodation if required (subject to availability).
Basic Streetworks Operatives Course NRSWA (Units 1 to 6+9) - Call for special offer rates.
Basic Streetworks Supervisors Course NRSWA (Units 1+10 to 14) - Call for special offer rates.
Individual Units – £ POA
Streetworks Training Course Duration up to 5 Days
This NRSWA streetworks training course is for utilities, contractors and authorities working on or around the highway. The course is designed for operators and supervisors who are already working on the highway or who have had experience over the last 2 years. The course programme will involve classroom study and simulated practical assessments. Supervisors will monitor any activity and make assessments on work undertaken by making a report. Successful operatives and supervisors will be issued with City & Guilds certificates and Scotvec cards. Individual units can be completed, or the full course, depending on differing requirements. However, at least 3 units must be completed in order to qualify for a Scotvec card.
Streetworks Units 1 – 9 are for operatives, 1 + 10 to 16 are for supervisors.
1) Location of underground apparatus
2) Signing, Lighting and Guarding
3) Excavation in the highway
4) Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
5) Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
6) Reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials
7) Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
8) Reinstatement of reinforced concrete
9) Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
10) Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
11) Monitoring excavation in the highway
12) Monitoring reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
13) Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
14) Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials
15) Monitoring reinstatement of reinforced concrete
16) Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Standard course for operatives – Units 1 – 6
Standard course for supervisors – Units 1 + 10 – 14